Nicholas R. Giannotti III
228 Pond Street · North Billerica, MA 01862-1919
978·944·7417 · firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary: Over fifteen years of Desktop Support experience, with exceptional communication, problem-solving, and customer service skills. Well-versed in project management, and easily builds strong relationships with other business units within an organization.
5/2017- Present: Help Desk Manager, TimePayment, 1600 District Ave, Suite 200, Burlington, MA 01803
TimePayment is a specialized commercial finance company that provides financial services to business that buy, sell, and lease equipment. As the Help Desk Manager, responsibilities included:
- Managing a team of three Desktop Support Technicians, with ownership of infrastructure systems such as desktops, laptops, Virtual Machines, mobile devices, copier/printer MFDs, and telephone systems.
- Supported a user base of 250 among two sites, as well as remote / work-from-home users. Assisted two departments in migrating users from on-site to work-from-home for office space reduction purposes.
- Deployed System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for improved software/package delivery, remote desktop management, and computer inventory (hardware and software).
- Assumed ownership of Help Desk ticketing system (JIRA Service Desk), with responsibilities for ticket assignation and follow-up, as well as hands-on resolution of Tier 2 / Tier 3 tickets; embarked on year-long project to revamp the entire Help Desk procedure to facilitate user experience (such as implementing self-service portal, knowledge base, etc).
- Implemented previously non-existing SLAs for Help Desk to provide timely, effective response of all incoming Help Desk tickets.
- Took ownership of Microsoft Office 365 portal, including migration of mailboxes from on-prem to cloud, as well as administration of all Exchange mailboxes/groups/etc. This includes managing user access to Sharepoint/Teams, as well as all licensing for Office 365 and Virtual Studio licenses for offshore developers.
- Managed Mimecast email security platform, including building profile groups for allowed/blocked senders, email tracking, enhanced spam filtering, etc.
- Implemented 80TB Synology Array for cold-storage of legacy data.
- Deployed various Group Policies for security purposes and software installations.
- Worked closely with Senior Network Engineers for purposes of backup restoration via VEEAM, Virtual Machine administration, etc.
- Assisted in new phone system deployment from analog system to virtual, including number transfers, phone setups, softphone configuration, etc.
11/2014 – 5/2017: Desktop Support Manager, Unitil, 6 Liberty Lane West, Hampton NH 03842
Unitil is an interstate natural gas and electric utility company servicing the areas of New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts. As the Desktop Support Manger, responsibilities included:
- Managing a team of two Desktop Support Technicians, with ownership of all infrastructure systems, including laptops, desktops, mobile devices (iOS and Android), copiers, and printers.
- Supported nearly 700 users over 8 sites across New England, as well as over 50 remote computers at remote locations such as electric substations.
- Implemented Landesk Management Suite to facilitate software and hardware inventory, software deployment, remote desktop control, and virus/patch management.
- Security Manager backup, responsible for 28 critical financial and operational systems including user creation/maintenance and permission assignation.
- Management of all Desktop Software Licensing
- Ownership of in-house ticket tracking system, including assignation and follow-up of all tickets company-wide (~7000/year).
- Implemented previously non-existing SLAs for the Help Desk to guarantee 24×7 support for user community.
- Creation and maintenance of on-call rotation calendar for off-hours support.
- Creation and ownership of Hardware Replacement Plan to smoothly transition hardware for users.
- Created and implemented encryption plan for local machines storing PCI/HIPAA data to ensure SOX/HIPAA Compliance.
8/2011 – 12/2013: Help Desk Manager, HCPro / 1/2014 – 10/2014: Director of IT Services, The Greeley Company, 75 Sylvan St. Suite A-101, Danvers, MA 01923
HCPro/The Greeley Company is a leading provider of integrated information, education, training, and consulting products and services for healthcare regulation and compliance. As the Help Desk Manager, responsibilities included:
- Managing team of two Help Desk Technicians, with ownership of all infrastructure systems including desktop and laptop computers (Windows and OSX), desktop faxing, phone systems, copiers, printers, and scanners, supporting nearly 250 users nationwide.
- Maintained ownership of mobile device fleet, including renegotiating contract to save $30,000/year
- Management of all Software Licensing
- Responsible for ownership of Track-IT Ticket Tracking System, including analysis of team metrics, SLAs and escalation policies, resulting in improved ticket response time and survey results to 95% Excellency Rating (up from 70%)
- Researched and implemented new cloud-based desktop backup solution, at a cost savings of nearly $60,000/year
- Renegotiated scanner/copier contract, with savings of over $12,000/year to the company
- Responsible for $600K budget for new software/hardware for Desktop Users
- Reworked existing SLA for Help Desk to guarantee 24×7 support for all users, via implementing on-call rotation for Help Desk Technicians
- Devised and implemented plan to upgrade HIPAA Computers to Windows 7 Ultimate with no downtime to users to enforce BitLocker Enryption on machines for HIPAA Compliance.
5/2007 – 8/2011: IT Operations Lead, Colliers International, 176 Federal Street, Boston, MA 02110
Colliers International is a global affiliation of independently-owned real estate services firms with 10,092 employees in 267 offices in 57 countries, with the Corporate Headquarters located in Seattle. As the IT Operations Lead, responsibilities included:
- Providing global support regarding technical issues or requests for entire user base, including intranet access, website maintenance, email routing, and database maintenance.
- Managed physical office move from an IT perspective, including migration of email accounts from existing servers to virtualized accounts held offsite, reducing thermal footprint, coordinating vendors for MPLS Connection and DSL Backup Connection, physical move of phone system, and creation of new DC / File/Print Server for integration to Corporate Headquarters.
- Maintenance and administration of eDirectory, a Novell DirXML Global Directory Catalog, with over 11,000 entries.
- Maintenance of Lotus Notes Database and SQL Database for numerous distribution groups.
- Deployment and maintenance of SolarWinds ipMonitor for network monitoring.
- Local IT Support for ~15 End Users, including Desktop Support for both software and hardware, Printer Maintenance, telephony, and in-house Networking.
- Updating and maintaining documentation for IT-related projects / directives, including written directions for Disaster Recovery Purposes, as well as inventory of all IT-related equipment, including warranties and licensing of software.
- Maintenance of Daily Backups, including implementation of updated hardware and migration from ArcServ to Symantec Backup Exec.
- Supervised all IT functions, including one employee, at Boston Corporate Office.
6/2004 – 5/2007: Systems Administrator, Avidyne, 55 Old Bedford Road, Lincoln, MA, 01773
Founded in 1994, Avidyne Corporation is the market-leading developer of Integrated Flight Deck for light general aviation (GA) aircraft. As the Systems Administrator, responsibilities included;
- Daily Support to over 150 PC users over four sites nationally, including installation and maintenance of new hardware / software, in a dynamically changing engineering environment.
- Installed, configured, and administered software and hardware for three locations.
- Active Directory Administration of a nine-server LAN based in Lincoln MA, including patches and upgrades, as well as new-user creation, DNS adds/changes for static IP mapping for engineering servers, and mailbox and mail store maintenance. Maintained over 200 user accounts for multiple locations, including security permissions, group membership and user directories.
- Maintained all relevant software licensing for a number of software packages to remain in legal compliance, including (but not limited to) SolidWorks, OrCAD, DOORS, Perforce, MetroWorks, and QAC++.
- Configured and maintained Terminal Services server for remote access to run multiple applications.
- Configured remote clients for VPN access to multiple sites, both at the firewall level and via RADIUS Server.
- Standardized configuration for all incoming new hire PCs over a variety of departments; configured all incoming PCs for ‘turnkey’ status.
- Successfully integrated Columbus, OH office into Avidyne’s network infrastructure, including incorporation of telephone and mixed-environment (NT and Red Hat 3) servers into Avidyne’s Active Directory.
- Successfully transitioned Columbus, OH office from DSL to a corporate T1, including configuration and implementation of Layer-2 and Layer-3 switches.
- Was responsible for moving Melbourne, FL office to a new location, including reconfiguring their phone server and analog phone setup, setting up multiple WAPs, and testing desktop network jacks for connectivity.
- Successfully managed intern to create working Access Database of all physical assets over all physical locations, including serial numbers, license codes for software, and system specifications.
2/2003 – 6/2004: LAN Administrator / Help Desk Technician, Harman Specialty Group, Bedford, MA
Formed in 2002, Harman Specialty Group is a collection of Harman’s highest-quality consumer audio brands, including Lexicon, Revel, and Mark Levinson. Responsibilties included;
- Daily support to PC users, including installation of new hardware and software, as well as troubleshooting and assistance for hardware- and software-related issues.
- Migration of 100+ desktop PCs from Windows 95/98/NT4 to Windows 2000 Professional.
- Telephone administration, including general telephony and voice mail – related issues.
- Maintenance of 100+ user accounts, including mailboxes on Exchange 2000 Mail Server.
- Monitoring and maintenance of seven NT4 / Windows 2000 Servers in Mixed Mode.
- Windows 2000 / NT server support, including patch installation, Internet Connectivity, and managing shared file space.
- Firewall / VPN connectivity issues, including creation and testing of new VPN accounts for remote and on-the-road users.
- Printer maintenance, including migration of Print Server for 20+ HP Printers.
- Anti-Virus updates via push-down method from central server as well as local machine updates.
- Responsible for Backup Operation of all servers, including offsite archival of backups.
3/2001 – 2/2003: Technical Support Specialist, Blackwell Publishing, Malden, MA
Blackwell Publishing is the world’s leading society publisher, partnering with 665 academic, medical, and professional societies. Blackwell publishes 850 journals and, to date, has over 6,000 books in print. The company has over 1,000 staff members in offices in the US, UK, Australia, China, Denmark, Germany, Singapore and Japan. Responsibilities included;
- Daily support to PC users, including troubleshooting and assistance.
- Monitoring of all hardware and systems to ensure they remain in accordance with agreed service levels and licensing.
- Installation and testing of PC hardware, software, printers, and telephones- Daily backups of network.
- Wrote “IT Tip of the Week”, an international newsletter-type email read by the entire company, explaining various aspects of Information Technology in lay-persons terms.
- Physical inventory of all computer equipment and software.
- Maintenance of telephone systems.
- Maintenance of Active Directory Server and Domain (i.e. adding/deleting new users, monitoring group policies, etc).
- Maintenance of Exchange 5.5 server.
• 3/2002: MCSE, Pinnacle Training, Woburn, MA
• 5/1996: A.S. Liberal Arts, Middlesex Community College, Bedford, MA
Microsoft Windows (2000 – 10), Macintosh OSX (10.5- 10.14.16), Microsoft Office 2003 – 2010/365, Office for Mac 2011, Exchange 365, SCCM 1902, VMWare 5.5 – 6.5 / Horizon Client 4.10.0, Microsoft RSAT, Landesk Management Suite 9.5 – 9.6 SP1, VEEAM Backup 220.127.116.1166, Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 – 14.2, JIRA Service Desk (Cloud), Numara TrackIT!, Docfinity 18.104.22.168 – 22.214.171.124, iOS and Android Mobile Platforms
Available upon request.