Nicholas R. Giannotti III
228 Pond Street · North Billerica, MA 01862-1919 978·930·2083 · email@example.com
Objective: To obtain a position that constantly challenges me and allows me to grow to my full potential.
8/2011 – 12/2013: Help Desk Manager, HCPro / 1/2014 – Present: Director of IT Services,
The Greeley Company, 75 Sylvan St. Suite A-101, Danvers, MA 01923
HCPro is a leading provider of integrated information, education, training, and consulting products and services for healthcare regulation and compliance. As the Help Desk Manager, responsibilities included:
- Managing team of two Help Desk Technicians, with ownership of all infrastructure systems including desktop and laptop computers, desktop faxing, phone systems, copiers, printers, and scanners.
- Supported nearly 250 users across the United States, on both Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- Maintained ownership of mobile device fleet, including renegotiating contract to save $30,000/year
- Managed all software licensing for the company, from Desktop OS Licensing (both PC and Mac) to MSDN Licensing.
- Responsible for ownership of Track-IT Ticket Tracking System, including analysis of team metrics, SLAs and escalation policies.
- Improved ticket response time and survey results to 95% Excellency Rating (up from 70%)
- Researched and implemented new cloud-based desktop backup solution, at a cost savings of nearly $60,000/year
- Renegotiated scanner/copier contract, with savings of over $12,000/year to the company
- Responsible for $600K budget for new software/hardware for Desktop Users
- Reworked existing SLA for Help Desk to guarantee 24×7 support for all users, viaimplementing on-call rotation for Help Desk Technicians
- Devised and implemented plan to upgrade HIPAA Computers to Windows 7 Ultimate withno downtime to users to enforce BitLocker Enryption on machines for HIPAA Compliance.5/2007 – 8/2011: IT Operations Lead, Colliers International, 176 Federal Street, Boston, MA 02110
Colliers International is a global affiliation of independently-owned real estate services firms with 10,092 employees in 267 offices in 57 countries, with the Corporate Headquarters located in Seattle. As the IT Operations Lead, responsibilities included:
• Providing global support regarding technical issues or requests for entire user base, including intranet access, website maintenance, email routing, and database maintenance.
- Assisted in launching new corporate Website, including back-end configuration, DNS Routing, testing, and content management.
- Managed physical office move from an IT perspective, including migration of email accounts from existing servers to virtualized accounts held offsite, reducing thermal footprint, coordinating vendors for MPLS Connection and DSL Backup Connection, physical move of phone system, and creation of new DC / File/Print Server for integration to Corporate Headquarters.
- Maintenance and administration of eDirectory, a Novell DirXML Global Directory Catalog, with over 11,000 entries.
- Oversight of twenty-six production servers, both locally and at a third-party co-location facility, including software maintenance and upgrades, hardware maintenance, and service agreements.
- Maintenance of Lotus Notes Database and SQL Database for numerous distribution groups.
- Content Management administration for corporate website via Interwoven’s Teamsite platform, including user access, file modification, and website population.
- Content Management administration for global intranet via Plumtree 4.5, including user access, document retention policies, group membership and security policies, and corporate liason database.
- Deployment and maintenance of SolarWinds ipMonitor for network monitoring.
- Local IT Support for ~15 End Users, including Desktop Support for both software andhardware, Printer Maintenance, telephony, and in-house Networking.
- Updating and maintaining documentation for IT-related projects / directives, including written directions for Disaster Recovery Purposes, as well as inventory of all IT-related equipment, including warranties and licensing of software. Conducted training coursesfor end-users for Microsoft Office Suite (migration from 2003 – 2007).
- Maintenance of Daily Backups, including implementation of updated hardware andmigration from ArcServ to Symantec Backup Exec.
- Liason for East Coast to Corporate Headquarters in Seattle.
- Supervised all IT functions, including one employee, at Boston Corporate Office.6/2004 – 5/2007: Systems Administrator, Avidyne, 55 Old Bedford Road, Lincoln, MA, 01773Founded in 1994, Avidyne Corporation is the market-leading developer of Integrated Flight Deck for light general aviation (GA) aircraft. Report directly to the national Director of IT. Responsibilities included;
- Daily Support to over 150 PC users over four sites nationally, including installation and maintenance of new hardware / software, in a dynamically changing engineering environment.
- Installed, configured, and administered software and hardware for three locations.
- Active Directory Administration of a nine-server LAN based in Lincoln MA, includingpatches and upgrades, as well as new-user creation, DNS adds/changes for static IP mapping for engineering servers, and mailbox and mail store maintenance. Maintained over 200 user accounts for multiple locations, including security permissions, group membership and user directories.
- Maintained all relevant software licensing for a number of software packages to remain in legal compliance, including (but not limited to) SolidWorks, OrCAD, DOORS, Perforce, MetroWorks, and QAC++.
- Configured and maintained Terminal Services server for remote access to run multiple applications.
- Configured remote clients for VPN access to multiple sites, both at the firewall level and via RADIUS Server.
- Standardized configuration for all incoming new hire PCs over a variety of departments; configured all incoming PCs for ‘turnkey’ status.
- Successfully integrated Columbus, OH office into Avidyne’s network infrastructure, including incorporation of telephone and mixed-environment (NT and Red Hat 3) servers into Avidyne’s Active Directory.
- Successfully transitioned Columbus, OH office from DSL to a corporate T1, including configuration and implementation of Layer-2 and Layer-3 switches.
- Was responsible for moving Melbourne, FL office to a new location, including reconfiguring their phone server and analog phone setup, setting up multiple WAPs, and testing desktop network jacks for connectivity.
- Successfully managed intern to create working Access Database of all physical assets over all physical locations, including serial numbers, license codes for software, and system specifications.Education:• 3/2002: MCSE, Pinnacle Training, Woburn, MA
• 5/1996: A.S. Liberal Arts, Middlesex Community College, Bedford, MA
Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1, Office 2000/2003/2007/2010, Exchange 2010, Macintosh OSX (10.5- 10.9.2), Adobe Creative Suite CS4, Adobe Acrobat, Acronis TrueImage, Numara Track-IT!, BES Admin Server 5.0 for Exchange
Available upon request.